Sunday, August 17, 2008

Music City Marathon Nashville, TN 2008

Joe ran in the Music City Marathon in Nashville, Tennessee in April. He enjoys the races where there is music being played while the runners make their way to the finish. At this one there was several free concerts the evening following the race. From mile 1 to mile 2 it was CMT Country Music Mile with entertainment on the stage to really get the runners pumped up. I really like Nashville! Jackson and I had to walk through downtown and over to LP Field to meet Joe at the finish line. It has a certain culture that reminds me of St.Louis so, of course I like it. I look forward to returning when we have time to check out the sites and sounds of the "Country Music Capitol". I foresee many, many photos to be taken.
The view of downtown Nashville from LP Field where the Tennessee Titans play. The building on the far right with the two structures on either end, we affectionately call that the "batman building". It's just one of those things that helps to let the boys know where we are on our way to Illinois.

Here Joe just finished the race and has his insulated wrap to help him in his cool down phase. Yeah, he doesn't look real happy, but trust me he was happy to have finished the marathon.

Joe and Jackson outside of LP Field. Bay had went to Talladega with his friend, Evan, for the big Nascar race.
I thought this was too perfect to pass up. Just look behind Joe and see what the wall says...

No comments: