Friday, October 24, 2008

ACS Making Strides Walk in Belleville, IL at Southwestern Illinois College

One of the concerns I most often hear is "I want my money to stay here and help the people from my area". I fully understand that feeling, but if you look at how donations are allotted then it can be understood that those in our communities are reaping the benefits everyday.
Research 15%
Prevention 18%
Patient Support 22%
Detection/Treatment 16%
Total Program Services= 71%
Management 9%
Fundraising 20%
Total Supporting Services= 29%
By looking at the numbers it is clear the patient's needs are of the highest concern and priority. Kudos to the American Cancer Society for their dedication to finding a cure.
The atmosphere at these types of events is usually light-hearted. Seeing shirts like those above reminds of us the seriousness of what we are doing. Yes, we really are having an impact on the future of breast cancer and the lives it will touch.


I was so excited to see Kristin in her crown and sash. She has worked so hard to win this title and is truly making a difference by teaching others about how to establish and sustain healthy relationships. I'm so proud of her!


Just a quick shot of the crowd near the main stage. Amazing corporate sponsors for this event were 106.5 The Arch, At&t, Lipstick and Memorial Hospital.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a pic of Randa wearing her pink survivor's medallion. My heart is full of gratitude and thankfulness to all who helped her on her road to wellness. Most of all I thank God for giving me such a great friend and then letting me keep her.

No comments: