Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Julie!

After driving from Alabama to O'Fallon, Illinois on Friday I was tired, but ready to visit with my friends. The Making Strides walk in Belleville was on my birthday so as soon as the walk was over I spent the rest of the day celebrating my 33rd birthday. It was a relaxing day of visiting with Randa, shopping and eating at The Cheesecake Factory and more visiting.
Some fun facts from 1975:
1. FBI agents captured Patty Hearst
2. Americans evacuated Saigon as Vietcong and North Vietnamese took over
3. Jimmy Hoffa disappeared
4. Two assassination attempts made on President Ford
5. Muhammad Ali defeated Joe Frazier in the "Thriller in Manila"
American Living Then:
Average Income $14,867, Now $48,201
Loaf of Bread $0.40
1st Class Stamp $0.13
Gallon of Milk $1.39
drum roll please........Gallon of Gas $0.57
Interesting facts don't you think?
I've seen the Gateway Arch hundreds, maybe thousands of times, but it is such a wonderful and welcome sight. St.Louis is a beautiful city full of life!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!


1 comment:

The Meidel Family said...

You look beautiful. I hope this one was the best one yet with even better to come.