Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kiwanis 4th of July Celebration

A visit home for the holiday gave us a chance to catch up with some people and enjoy a rare "cool" Independence Day.
I finally get to see Julia and visit briefly. She is such an amazing young lady and makes a beautiful Miss Clay County Fair....why I remember when she was just 11 years old and making her first pass across the stage at Jr.Miss Clay County practice...did that sound nostalgic enough. Really though, it has been a sheer pleasure to know her.
Paige Ord was another of my Jr.Miss Clay County queens and is running for Miss Clay County Fair this year. She used to watch the boys for me during the day so that I could sleep while I was working in Labor and Delivery at RMH. They had so much fun with her and still talk about the smoothies they made.

No comments: