Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Our First Alabama Shrimp Boil

My brother Ryan, his wife Holly, their three girls Sydney, Ava and Ella along with my mom and Holly's sister Hillary all stopped by on their way to and from Panama City Beach for vacation. I wanted to make them something special so I went all out and we had a good ol' shrimp boil. There is chicken, shrimp, spicy sausage, corn on the cob, onions and potatoes all boiled in a spicy mix. To compliment the yummy food was spicy butter sauce and made from scratch sweet corn bread. I even consulted the locals on the appropriate way to serve this which is why it is dumped in the middle of my table. We would have done this outside, but the mosquitoes would have carried us away. It was easy to prepare and fun to serve!
A good ol' Alabama Shrimp Boil.
From left to right: Holly, Hillary, Ryan and my Mom, Debra. Everyone really seemed to enjoy it!

Bay loved the shrimp....and the camera!

No comments: