Wednesday, September 18, 2013

6TH GRADE TRIP- WILMINGTON, VA


Each year a Muscle Shoals Middle School grade of 6th, 7th or 8th embark on a bus trip to Washington DC to learn about our country's history and cultivate a deeper appreciation for our country. Bay's 6th grade year was our rotation year and we had been planning since April. So October 2nd finally came, we were up early and ready to load the buses at 5:30am. 
 
 

 We settled in for a 19 hour bus ride to Wilmington, Virginia. I took the isle seat so my young man could "see the country" as we travelled. This ended up being one of my favorite pics of us. I knew the trip would be fun, but I had no idea how much I would enjoy the whole experience.

 Bay and his friend Jerry Lashley after having Chinese at the food court.

Boys being silly...

 That's one HUGE horse!

Mr.McGee watching a historical video and then we watched....Andy Griffith.
 

No comments: